One of the larger, and rarer, arthropods of the island. Anomalocaris boasts colors similar to a mantis shrimp...and a similar type of niche! Although it happily feeds on other smaller arthropods primarily, the Anomalocaris is a creature fully capable of puncturing through stone. If this powerful “head punch” wasnt enough, Anomalocaris is highly valued by survivors for it's unique ability to not also carry more silica and black pearls, but also gather much more of those resources than any other creature!
Anomalocaris has no color regions, so they all look like the individual above.
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Feeler Attack
35 Base Damage - Gathers Pearls
Right Click - Punch
150 Base Damage - Gathers Oil
Anomalocaris are immune to jellyfish stings.
Anomalocaris drastically reduce the weight of silica and black pearls.
Anomalocaris takes 75% of incoming damage.
- The Anomalocaris in Additional Creatures, if one hasn't already noticed the parralels, was heavily inspired by the modern mantis shrimp.
- Anomalocaris means "Odd Shrimp".
- Anomalocaris is one of the few animals in ARK or Additional Creatures where there's very few possible comparisons to modern animals, with the closest possible comparison being to a shrimp, despite it not being a shrimp.
- The Anomalocaris is one of the few Cambrian creatures in ARK, with the only other Cambrian life being the base game's Trilobite and Jellyfish.
- Anomalocaris was originally in the original Additional Creatures mod, but has since been moved to Additional Creatures: Aquaria.