Archaeoindris is a massive lemur, native to the island's more tropical environments. Despite its size, this mammal is a gentle giant unless provoked. Like its other relative, Gigantopithecus, it will usually utilize their brute strength in self defense. However, these primates are smarter than most, and can be trained a unique trick in lieu of a similar animal: Chalicotherium. When tamed, Archaeoindris can be fitted with a smithy-type saddle that allows them to craft multiple things, but most importantly, their ammunition on the fly. Survivors have taught Archaeoindris to be able to throw three different types of projectile: Ballista Harpoons, Shot Put (Iron balls), and Chain Bolas. This makes Archaeoindris a unique mount for one who can acquire them, being a unique mix of utility and combat.
Color Region 0 - Hands, Arms, Face, and Ears
Color Region 1 - Limbs
Color Region 2 - Upper Back
Color Region 3 - Chest
Color Region 4 - Hairstyle, Lower Back
Color Region 5 - Nose
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
20 Base Damage - Gathers Berries, Meat, and Fiber
Right Click - Smash
40 Base Damage - Gathers Thatch and Berries - Cannot Be Used While Moving
C - Roar
Cannot Be Used While Moving
X - Yeet
Throws the selected ammo-type - Cannot Be Used While Moving
Left Control - Cycle Ammo-type
The Archaeoindris is capable of throwing three different ammo types:
- Spear Bolt - 90 Base Damage
- Chain Bola - 8 Base Damage, Snares Creatures
- Shot Put - 67 Base Damage, Deals Increased Damage to Structures, Can Knockout Creatures Concussively
- Jar of Pitch - 67 Base Damage, Inflicts Fire onto Targets, Leaves a pool of fire that constantly inflicts fire damage
Despite being ranged attacks, the projectiles of Archaeoindris scale with the melee damage stat.
Archaeoindris can only be tamed with Honey-Glazed Strawberries, and can only be fed while they are sitting.
The Archaeoindris can be told to sit. This slightly increases healing rate.
The Archaeoindris can be set to a turret mode, which only functions when special attacks are active.
- Archaeoindris means "Ancient Indri".
- One of Archaeoindris's closest modern relatives is the Indri, which is the largest of the lemurs.
- Archaeoindris likely had a niche in Madagascar similar to great apes, which it was similar in size to.
- Archaeoindris survived in Madagascar up until 350 B.C.E., where it was likely wiped out by early humans.
- Archaeoindris has quickly became the subject of many jokes and memes, due to a combination of its unusual face and it being a primate that can use and throw weapons.