Australovenator is a strange-looking dinosaur belonging to the “megaraptor” family of dinosaurs. A well-known member of the strange species, Australovenator is a cold climate dwelling creature. Australovenator prefers cold climates, being one of the tundra's larger predators, hunting on a strange, primary prey...Kairuku! Kairuku seem to be a favorite due to the Organic Polymer within their bodies. Australovenator ingests this to strengthen its own organic polymer defenses just underneath its skin. Megaraptorians are known for their arms and using them, and Australovenator uses them to rip open the poor penguins with ease to get at the organic polymer within. As a matter of fact, Australovenator is all about combat against armored opponents. Its arms are strong enough to tear through the armor of armored prey and get at the vulerable parts within.
Its organic polymer protective patches underneath also give it a resistance to venoms of the island, while also providing physical protection. Due to its ability to gather organic polymer very effectively, rend through armored opponents, having slight armor itself, and immunity to venom, Australovenator is a sought-after, reliable partner to any survivor.
Color Region 0 - Upper Body, Highlights on Lower Jaw
Color Region 2 - Inner Side of Eye Crests
Color Region 3 - Outer Side of Eye Crests
Color Region 5 - Lower Body, Tail
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
35 Base Damage
Right Click - Claw Slash
25 Base Damage - Hits Twice - Shreds Armor
Deals 3x Damage to the Creatures Listed Below:
- Giant Spider
- Giant Mantis
- Giant Crab
- Thorned Dreadweaver
Deals 8x Damage to Kairuku.
C - Roar
Drains 50 Torpor (w/ 1 Minute Cooldown)
Spacebar - Jump
Australovenator has an 5x gather rate on Organic Polymer.
Organic polymer weighs nothing and has an 1000x preservation multiplier in its inventory.
Australovenator only takes 85% of incoming damage.
Australovenator is immune to venom, sandstorms, and radiation.
Australovenator can be told to sleep, which slightly increases healing rate.
- Australovenator means "Southern Hunter".
- There was a variation of Australovenator at one point in the mod that was removed called a subspecies.
- Australovenator is part of the family of theropod dinosaurs known as Megaraptorans. This group was discovered quite recently, with Australovenator's discovery in 2009 making scientists realize an entirely new family has been discovered. Little is known about their lifestyle or evolutionary relationship with other theropods, but they are all known for impressively large hand claws, which have been compared to the large sickle foot claws on dromaeosaurs. Another dinosaur besides Australovenator in this group is the larger Megaraptor.
- Australovenator's polar lifestyle was inspired by the impression of it being a polar dinosaur in life, as Dinosaur Cove was a fossil site in South Australia which was in the antarctic circle during the Early Cretaceous. However, Australovenator lived during the Late Cretaceous and much farther north than Dinosaur Cove, so it is unknown if Australovenator itself was a polar dinosaur.
- Australovenator's idle sounds originate from the Ceratosaurus in Jurassic Park Operation Genesis.