The Carcharodontosaurus is one of the island's Apex predators, and is one of the arch rivals of Tyrannosaurus, and is known for attacking them and other large predators on sight. Though just another predator on the Island and Aberration, they are undoubtedly the apex predators of Scorched Earth and other desert environments, taking over as alpha predators in the lack of abundant tyrannosaurs. With its adaptability, versatility, and immunity, carcharodontosaurus is a preference to many over tyrannosaurus.
Color Region 0 - Underside, Arms, Feet, Face, Neck Stripe
Color Region 1 - Crests
Color Region 2 - Main Body
Color Region 3 - Body Pattern
Color Region 4 - Dorsal Undertones
Color Region 5 - Underside Undertones
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
55 Base Damage - Shreds and Ignores Armor - Drains Stamina
Right Click - Shaking Roar
5 Base Damage - Stuns Smaller Creatures - Can Be Toggled On/Off With Unmounted Individuals - Has a cooldown
C - Hiss
X - Roar
Drains 750 Torpor (w/ 1 Minute Cooldown)
Left Control - Sweeping Bite
65 Base Damage - Drains Stamina - Has a cooldown
- Carcharodontosaurus was the mascot of Additional Creatures 2: Wild ARK before it became replaced by the Smok saurovindico.
- Carcharodontosaurus means "Shark-Toothed Lizard", with vehemens meaning "violent".
- Carcharodontosaurus is one of the largest in the theropod family called Carcharodontosaurs, allosaur descendants that're known for their incredibly bladed teeth. Other notable members of the family include Giganotosaurus and Concavenator.
- Carcharodontosaurus is one of the first creatures in Additional Creatures 2: Wild ARK alongside the Camarasaurus.
- Carcharodontosaurus was originally added to be the jack-of-all-trades apex theropod, attempting to make up for the miss that was Oxalaia back in the first Additional Creatures. However, it did end up missing the intended mark as well. That doesn't mean it was a failure though. Carcharodontosaurus found itself a niche as a more tactical counterpart to Tyrannosaurus, producing similar results but can be even better if used properly. It wasn't until Oxalaia's TLC that the jack-of-all-trades niche was properly taken.
- The Carcharodontosaurus's sounds, outside of its original sounds, were from the Carcharodontosaurus in Jurassic Park Operation Genesis and the Allosaurus in the Walking with franchise.
- In Carcharodontosaurus's first TLC, it received an updated model, higher mobility, and its bite having the ability to now drain stamina. In its second TLC, it received a brand new model and animations, a new sweeping bite attack, and new sounds.
- The second TLC for Carcharodontosaurus was released by complete accident during a hotfix update.
- Carcharodontosaurus is planned in the future to have a standalone mod.