Despite its appearance, the massive Deinocheirus is not a relative of the Therizinosaurus, but rather the largest member of Gallimimus's family. The creature is more than just a giant look-alike to Therizinosaurus as well. Like Therizinosaurus it boasts a foul temperament, but unlike Theri however it is larger and more physically powerful, making it outdo its look-alike by a far margin. All this aggression and strength has earned Deinocheirus the nickname of “Danger Goose”, further helping this giant omnivore stand out from the rest. Tamed, Deinocheirus may prove to be an effective and flexible combat counterpart to rex....
Color Region 1 - Feathers
Color Region 2 - Lateral Body
Color Region 3 - Dorsal
Color Region 4 - Face, Scutes
Color Region 5 - Underside
X Variant -
Color Region 0 - Main Body
Color Region 1 - Scutes, Feathers
Color Region 2 - Speckles
Color Region 3 - Dorsal
Color Region 4 - Featherback Lining
Color Region 5 - Stripes
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Claw Swipes
64 Base Damage - Hits Twice - Gathers Berries
Right Click - Uppercut
155 Base Damage - Inflicts Cripple with creatures under 550 drag weight for 5 seconds - Deals Increased Damage to Structures - Can be used to pivot - Extreme Knockback when target is under 250 weight - Has a cooldown - Cannot Be Used While Moving
C - Double Claw Attack
95 Base Damage - Gathers berries - Has a cooldown - Cannot Be Used While Moving
X - Bite
40 Base Damage - Deals 4x Damage to Small and Medium Fish
Left Control - Roar
Drains 750 Torpor (w/ 1 Minute Cooldown) and inflicts Intimidation
R - Sit
Automatically dismounts. The Deinocheirus can also generally be told to sit. This slightly increases healing rate.
Deinocheirus is immune to venom, thornmail, radiation, and knockback.
Although omnivorous, fish meat is the only meat Deinocheirus will eat.
- Deinocheirus means "Terrible Hand".
- Deinocheirus is the largest member of the ornithomimosaurs, primarily herbivorous dinosaurs that superficially resembled ostriches. Gallimimus is also a part of this family.
- Deinocheirus is very unique for an ornithomimosaur, being extremely bulky, having a hump upon its back, and having a spoon bill.
- Deinocheirus used to be a relative mystery, being only known from its two massive arms. As such it was originally thought to be a massive carnivore, and then either a giant ornithomimosaur or therizinosaur. Much more remains were found in 2014 that put a much clearer picture on the dinosaur.
- Deinocheirus lived in Mongolia during the end of the age of dinosaurs. It coexisted alongside Therizinosaurus, Gallimimus, and Tarbosaurus.
- Deinocheirus has received a TLC since its original addition in Additional Creatures, which has given it a visual upgrade, resolved bugs in relation to its old model, and greatly expanded its attacks.