One of the largest snakes of our time and on the arks. Although a massive constrictor in life, Gigantophis has evolved into something far more terrifying on the arks. It is essentially, a gigantic Sea Krait. With Kraits back home boasting incredibly deadly venom, Gigantophis is the same, on a much more deadly scale. Gigantophis's potent venom and amphibious abilities make it a desired combat mount, with affinity for the ocean over land, and an extremely deadly venom which can prove deadly in the long run.
Color Region 2 - Inner Eye Spot, Patterns
Color Region 3 - Outer Eye Spot, Underside
Color Region 4 - Spikes
Color Region 5 - Dorsal
X Variant -
Color Region 2 - Underside
Color Region 3 - Pattern
Color Region 4 - Dorsal
Color Region 5 - Stripes
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
30 Base Damage - Has increased gather rate on fish meat - Inflicts Deadly Venom
Right Click - Hiss
C (Land) - Tail Swipe
50 Base Damage - Cannot Be Used While Moving
Out of water, Gigantophis's damage is reduced by 10%, speed is reduced by 50%, and its water stat begins to drain. When the water stat is under 100, the following effects occur:
- Health and Stamina Drain Rapidly
- Defense is decreased by 50%
- Damage is reduced, again, by 75%
- Gigantophis means "Giant Snake".
- Gigantophis lived in North Africa during the Eocene, 36 million years ago. It coexisted alongside other notable species such as Moerotherium, Phiomia, and Arsinoitherium.
- Although initially claimed to be one of the largest snakes to ever live, only being surpassed by Titanoboa, it was actually more akin to a Burmese Python in size.
- Gigantophis in life was a constrictor, and not venomous.
- Gigantophis was originally planned to be able to produce biotoxin, but this was scrapped after being considered too powerful.
- Gigantophis, since its original addition, has recieved a TLC. This TLC was purely cosmetic, giving it a unique model and animations.