Back home, Rhizodus holds the record for largest freshwater fish to have ever lived. Now in the arks, it still holds that same record, having gotten to even larger sizes! A titantic river fish, Rhizodus is the equivalent to a prehistoric armored Snakehead- very aggressive, powerful, with thick, durable armor. This aggressive fish hunts whatever it wants wherever it wants- in water or on land. Much like a snakehead, Rhizodus can drag itself out of the water and flop around after prey- though its mobility greatly lessens. Rhizodus could prove a powerful mount, though there is one problem- the species is too aggressive for standard taming measures to work. However, there have been reports of the weaker, younger Rhizodus being vulnerable to tranqs, as their armor is not yet fully developed. If one could tame a Rhizodus, they would have an amphibious and powerful fish that could force its way through just about anything!
Color Region 0 - Main Body
Color Region 2 - Dorsal, Lip
Color Region 3 - Main Set of Spots
Color Region 4 - Undertones
Color Region 5 - Spot Outline, Underside
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
55 Base Damage
Right Click (Water) - Charge
70 Base Damage - Charges Forward and Hits Twice - Damages All Structures - Deals 3.8x Damage to Structures - Will loose momentum if sharply turning during charge - Can be toggled to be used on unmounted individuals
C - Thrash
40 Base Damage - Hits 3 Times on Land and 4 Times in Water - Extremely High Knockback - Has a Cooldown
X - Ripping Bite
62 Base Damage - Hits Twice - Inflicts Bleed - Has a cooldown
Left Control - Roar
Spacebar (Land) - Jump
The jump has an extremely high stamina cost and high cooldown
Rhizodus are heavily armored, only taking 40% of incoming damage.
Rhizodus take 2.5x damage from the following creatures:
- Rock Elemental
- Corrupted Creatures
- Tek Melee Weapons
Rhizodus is immune to the following:
While capable of travelling onto land, Rhizodus must mate and breed in water. Immature individuals will die upon leaving the water.
Rhizodus are only susceptible to torpor under both of the following conditions:
Rhizodus will only eat their kibble during taming.
- Rhizodus is the largest freshwater fish in history, and this is exemplified in-game through it's massive size.
- Rhizodus means "Root Tooth".
- The ability for Rhizodus to travel on land was inspired by the Snakehead, while also being a practical solution as to how such a large fish can survive in the confined river environments.
- Rhizodus has received a TLC since its original addition into Additional Creatures, which not only saw it receive a new model and animations, but also completely overhauled its stats, abilities, and taming method. The TLC made it overall much more powerful, and gave it a new knockout method compared to the original, which involved finding and knocking out young individuals.
- Rhizodus has a removed variant called the Dwarf Cave Rhizodus.