Segnosaurus is a smaller therizinosaur species seen on the ark, and is arguably a highly adapted equal opportunist. While not as strong or stocky as Therizinosaurus, Segno is much friendlier and easier to maintain. Furthermore, they are much more common as well. Another thing to note is that although their claws are not as deadly as Therizinosaur's: they're much sharper. This allows Segno to actually slice through opponents armor, and they can even slice off rocks and be a form of agile mineral collector. These claws are also sharp enough that when swung fast enough, they can slice open an opponent and cause them to bleed: at a cost of raw power, of course. Furthermore...Segnosaurus seems to use this to be an opportunistic creature. Unlike Therizinosaur, Segnosaurus is actually an omnivore. Though not to the extent of others: Segnosaurus is an exclusive fish eater
when it comes to meat: sometimes found near sources of water, it's known for catching and eating fish for protein. It's an effective all-around creature for smaller tribes who can't afford to get the mighty Therizinosaur.
Color Region 0 - Dorsal and Arm Undersides
Color Region 2 - Underside and Body Highlights
Color Region 4 - Back Stripes
Color Region 5 - Body
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
|Attribute||Base Stat (Regular)||Base Stat (Kruegersaurus)|
Left Click - Claw Swipe
42 Base Damage - Ignores and Shreds Armor - Gathers Berries and Metal
Right Click - Roar
Cannot Be Used While Moving
C - Bite
15 Base Damage - Gathers Meat, Berries, Fiber, and Honey
X - Double Claw Slash
25 Base Damage - Hits Twice - Ignores and Shreds Armor
The Segnosaurus reduces the weight of the following items in its inventory (Items - % Compared to Normal):
- Metal - 70%
- Fish Meat, Honey, and Flint - 10%
- Fiber - 0%
Honey, Fish Meat, and Prime Fish Meat preserve longer in a Segnosaurus's inventory.
Although omnivorous, fish meat is the only meat Segnosaurus will eat.
During the 2018 Halloween Event, a special variant of Segnosaurus was released called "Kruegersaurus", being a nod to the horror icon Freddy Krueger. This variant during the event could be found in the same areas as regular segnosaurus, and behaves no differently in the wild. While mechanically and visually incredibly similar, there are some differences. It is around three times larger than the average segnosaurus, with a specific gray with maroon-back coloration and a cowboy hat on its head. It also has generally better health, damage, weight, and stamina than regular segnosaurus. Finally, it has different sounds. All of the Kruegersaurus's claw attacks making slicing sounds reminiscent of the monster, and even its level up animation includes the Freddy Krueger laugh rather than the typical level up sounds.
- Segnosaurus means "Slow Lizard".
- Segnosaurus's affinity in the mod for fish and bees is taken from old interpetations of therizinosaurs. Before they were known to be herbivores, scientists tried to explain why therizinosaurs had small heads and long necks with gigantic claws. Most sticked to the idea they were carnivores, but used their claws either to fish or rip open termite mounds rather than tear flesh.
- Segnosaurus was built as a counterpart to therizinosaurus, being docile instead of aggressive, a passive tame instead of a knockout tame, and focusing on fish meat, honey, and metal rather than wood, thatch, and hide.
- The Segnosaurus coexisted with Achillobator.