A large theropod dinosaur similar in size to the other large spinosaurs in the arks, Suchomimus despite its appearance is...fussy, picky, and moody. Despite its seemingly large bulk it's fairly lightweight for its size, and its thin jaws prevent it from dealing significant enough damage to bulky land targets. As such, this predator prefers to eat fish almost exclusively, hunting small terrestrial targets when the need arises. Much like Spinosaurus, it is an extremely water-attuned spinosaur, and much like it, it offers great flexibility in and out of water. However Suchomimus offers its own advantages with some greater water mobility and performance. Tamed, they make a great parallel to spinosaurus, albiet, weaker in most aspects.
Color Region 0 - Underside, Tail Stripes
Color Region 2 - Head, Hands, Feet
Color Region 3 - Stripes
Color Region 4 - Undertones
Color Region 5 - Main Body
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
35 Base Damage
Right Click - Claw Slash
42 Base Damage - Hits Twice
C (Land) - Hipcheck
65 Base Damage - High Knockback - Cannot Be Used While Moving
X - Tailspin
50 Base Damage - Hits Twice - High Knockback - Minor Cooldown
Alt + X (Land) - Tail Swipe
46 Base Damage - Cannot Be Used While Moving
Left Control - Roar
Suchomimus receives a hydration buff when touching water, increasing damage, movement speed, health regeneration, and stamina regeneration. Suchomimus's hydration buff is unique however, in that its bonus includes 8% increased damage, 35% increased health regeneration, and 5% increased movement speed, rather than the typical 15% attack, 25% health regeneration boost, and 20% movement speed.
Suchomimus has an increased gather rate on fish meat.
Suchomimus deals 1.5x damage towards fish.
Wild Suchomimus will only attack exceptionally small creatures such as fish, dilophosaurs, and humans. They leave any somewhat medium or large creatures be, including tamed ones. A rider on a mount for example will be safe from provoking a Suchomimus.
- Suchomimus means "Crocodile Mimic".
- Suchomimus was originally derived from the Suchomimus of the Jurassic Park Expansion mod. However, it has since received a TLC and was added to the base mod. With this TLC, it received a new model, which is the Suchomimus model produced by Jagged Fang Designs. It was given custom textures and animations, as well as various new abilities and a slight increase in stats.
- Suchomimus is among one of the largest of the spinosaurs: only beaten by Spinosaurus and Oxalaia in size. Suchomimus was also one of the largest animals in its ecosystem as well, even surpassing the sauropods it lived with.
- Suchomimus's closest relative is Baryonyx, and they are so similar in various ways that scientists to this day debate on whether or not they are the same genus.
- Suchomimus, acting as a counterpart to Spinosaurus, has a similar role that Oxalaia originally had before it received its TLC.