An extremely rare arachnid-like arthropod found in open environments. The Dreadweaver, despite its armored carapace, is a fragile apex predator. When its prey is in its sights, there's little it can do once a dreadweaver gives chase. Arguably the fastest predator on the island, even the agile Gallimimus can't do much to escape it. The problem with this armored hyperspeed "spider" is that it cannot turn easily. When running, it has the largest turning radius of any mobile creature on the ark network. However, this clever arthropod has learned a trick for that. By sinking its legs and claws into the earth, the Dreadweaver can drift at a massive cost of its endurance to sling itself around tight corners at high speeds. While extremely difficult to knock out, Dreadweaver is highly sought after for advanced survivors as an excellent traveling mount as well as hit-and-run support fighter. Using its bleeding abilities and its numbing bite, Dreadweaver can provide agile support for allies while also buffing them using its own deadly jaws.
Color Region 0 - Main Body
Color Region 1 - Head
Color Region 2 - Pattern
Color Region 3 - Chelicera and Spines
Color Region 4 - Back of Head
Color Region 5 - Underside
Base Stats, Controls, and Abilities
Left Click - Bite
50 Base Damage - Inflicts Numb - This attack hits both allies and enemies.
Right Click - Claw Slash
25 Base Damage - Inflicts Bleed - Ignores Armor - Shreds Armor
C - Claw Spin Attack
40 Base Damage - Hits Twice - Inflicts Bleed - Ignores Armor - Shreds Armor - Cannot Be Used While Moving
C (Sprinting) - Drive-By Claw Slash
40 Base Damage - Inflicts Bleed - Ignores Armor - Shreds Armor - Toggleable Attack that Hits on Contact
X - Shriek
Cannot Be Used While Moving
Alt + X - Emote
Cannot Be Used While Moving
Left Control (Sprinting) - Drift
This move allows for swifter turns at the cost of faster stamina consumption.
Spacebar - Jump
The Thorned Dreadweaver is heavily armored, only taking 50% of incoming damage.
The Thorned Dreadweaver takes 2.5x damage from fire and explosives.
The Thorned Dreadweaver is immune to bleed, venom, sandstorms, and gigatitan spores.
- The Thorned Dreadweaver in Additional Creatures was original part of the original mod, as a larger red spider that, instead of using web and torpor, used speed and bleed-inducing attacks. It lived in the snow, dunes, and caves. It was initially scrapped after the majority of the roster was scrapped or slated for TLCs, but it was brought up conceptually as a solifuge rather than as a typical spider to fit its original role better.
- The Thorned Dreadweaver, along with its typical biomes, will also spawn in the cold grasslands on The Center, possibly being a reference to it originally living in snowy habitats.
- Solifuges are also called camel spiders, despite the fact that they are not spiders. While they are arachnids like spiders, they are their own distinct group that is different from spiders and scorpions. They're found mostly in desert habitats on all continents except Australia and Antarctica.
- The Thorned Dreadweaver was originally planned to inflict corrosive acid upon its TLC, but this seemed to have been replaced with the numb status effect.
- The Thorned Dreadweaver's numbing bite is a reference to the urban legend that states that solifuges have a numbing agent in their bite, so they can feed on prey while its alive undetected. In reality, like many aspects associated with solifuges, this is incorrect. Solifuges do not have such an agent, nor are they venomous.